Here is Grady at the dentist. He wasn't completely happy about having to sit there but he doesn't get as nervous as Peter does. He told the hygienist that he did not want her to use the pokey thing on his teeth because he brushes just fine. He was really squinty when he first got into the chair so the glasses were a much needed addition to his experience.Grady also had his school Walk A Thon last week. We're counting down the days of preschool. As of today, he only has one more day plus a school-wide field trip. He's really felt done with preschool lately. He has a good time while he's there but he doesn't want to go. It hasn't helped that there were a few days I had to keep him with me because there were just too many things to get done.
Anyway, the Walk A Thon was not nearly as big as the one at Peter's school. They walked the kids over to the park and set up a very small rectangle of cone for the kids to walk/run around. The bigger kids got a larger rectangle. They had about 40 minutes of walking and snack eating. Grady got 21 laps. He was very excited about it. He'd run around once, have me mark off his lap, and then he'd sit down for a water and snack break.
Being that the Walk A Thon was in the morning and Grady's class is in the afternoon, there was only one other kid from Grady's class that came out for the walking. Luckily, it was a mostly solo activity and there was also one kid in the morning class that Grady knew from other places. I think he liked being outside running versus being in the classroom.
The experience of seeing the morning preschool class made me really thankful that Grady went to the afternoon class all year. There was so much crying and arguing. Every time someone didn't get their turn RIGHT THEN, they'd break down in tears and tell the teacher. It got to be very frustrating. And with that many kids, the teacher was really worried about any risk the kids took on the playground. She was constantly telling them to not play with that thing, "it's too big for you", or to not climb up that high, etc. I'm glad Grady is in a bunch of other activities that involve controlled risks.
There was a BBQ after the Walk A Thon, with hot dogs and ice cream sandwiches. I let Grady play for a bit and then had him go to his afternoon preschool class because that same day happened to be the Ice Cream Social at Peter's school, which I was doing a lot of work for. Boris took the whole pick up route that day and got the boys to gymnastics while I worked on setting things up for the evening festivities.Now, things are starting to slow down. Preschool is almost over. I'm sure there will be some feelings...maybe missing his friends, maybe not. But at this moment, I think Grady's glad to be done. He's ready to move on. And I'm excited that I won't have to drive so many extra miles each week.
No comments:
Post a Comment