
Pretty much everyday, we'd get Peter off to school and Grady would say "so, what are we going to play today?"...all day long. Even while sewing on some patches for his Tae Kwon Do uniform, he said "you could take a break and play with me now".
We did a bunch of fun things like going to the library, getting ice cream and Keva Juice, going to a "farm day" event where he got to pet animals. But we didn't manage to have any playdates with his friends. The bulk of his friends that live nearby are all in Kindergarten, so they were still in school this week. The ones from preschool all have working parents, or I've decided I just can't stand to be around them. We also played outside and put together shelves.
So it was a week for Grady to feel unsocialized, me to not get any work done, and Peter to feel over socialized with Grady getting right in his face as soon as he got home from school. It was tough, but we worked through it. The boys still had Tae Kwon Do and gymnastics during the week too.
One of the days, after Peter got home, the boys were using iPads for homework stuff. Peter sent a message to Grandma about something she was making for him. He went back to his homework after sending the message but then his iPad started dinging, over and over and over.At some point, he said "gee, why is Grandma so talkative?!"
And so Grady said "well, it's just like what Peter Pan said. Girls talk too much."
Peter: Yeah, that's true.
Grady: The only boy that talks too much is XX (one of the kids from preschool)
And Peter decided to do his school birthday treats the day before Spring Break, so I scrambled around to get things made. He wanted popcorn balls, but I was able to convince him popcorn treats as squares was just as good. He was thinking about wanting turtles on top, but decided at the last minute that Pac Man is better. A couple people called them Peeps when I brought them in to school. I think they look enough like Pac Man. I didn't want to put huge amounts of food coloring into the frosting to make it dark yellow.

No comments:
Post a Comment