The boys really love Eggs Benedict. I don't remember why I decided to make it one night for dinner, but we've had it a couple times since then and there's never any question about the boys finishing what's on their plates.
One of the nice things for me making that dinner is everyone has a job to do. I'm not the only one in the kitchen working on dinner because someone has to toast the muffins, someone has to make the eggs, someone has to make the sauce.
This week I bought a Costco bag of english muffins and enough other stuff in bulk to make Eggs Benedict for at least one dinner. We made it tonight. Peter was feeling hungry and asked for two helpings so he had a total of four eggs and two full english muffins.
About the time Grady finished his serving, Peter still had half an egg and some muffin on his plate. He said "I think I'll save this and come back to finish it in about 10 minutes".
At the time, I was slicing up some oranges. I asked him "so, are you full and maybe I should finish that last bit? Or you're definitely going to eat it?". He said "no, I'm definitely going to eat it. I just need a few minutes". (Remember, Peter says he's never full. He's just temporarily less hungry.)
Grady came back to the table to eat oranges, Peter had some slices of orange too. Peter takes his third-ish slice of orange and gets a look on his face almost like he's going to throw up. I asked if he was ok.
Peter: Yeah, I just have to burp or something.
Me: Maybe <innocent shrug>...you might just be full.
Peter: Eh, it could be. Or it could just be a burp that will make a little more space.
He kept eating that orange slice and had one or two more. I was laughing pretty hard which made him laugh too. He played it up a little more after that.
Peter: I'm going to go take a shower. I think that will make a little more room.
Sure enough, he sat down right after he was done showering and finished up the last of his dinner. I guess there's always room for Eggs Benedict.
No comments:
Post a Comment