Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Silliness and Photo Dump

With the boys at school all day, there isn't as much that I can pick out to blog about. They pretty much talk nonstop from the time they get home, except when they're outside playing until late. I can't get any of my things done when they're home because even while they're working on their homework, they both talk constantly.

Peter's phrase lately has been "That's awkward". For everything. Anyone shares something, anything happens, and he'll say "That's awkward". It's sort-of a "pshaw. whatever" from him. He doesn't get all excited when he says it, sometimes you can almost picture him rolling his eyes.

But about half the time, it doesn't actually make sense. Grady will say "I played ball at school today" and Peter says "that's awkward". Last night, Peter tried the Brie and apple quesadillas I made. He got a slice of apple half-way in his mouth and he pushed it back out to land on his plate. Boris and I said, "well, why didn't you eat it? It's just a piece of apple" and he says "It's just awkward!". Boris and I started laughing so hard. I really don't know where he picked up the phrase. I don't think anyone at home uses it that much.

Grady's making all kinds of school friends and plays with all different people, girls and boys, on the playground. He doesn't always remember their names, but he has such a good time with them. If I've understood his stories right, there's a group of 3-5 boys that play ball at every recess and a couple of them are very talented at kicking it high up in the air. Grady has been very impressed with their skills and plays outside trying to practice for when he sees them next.

Peter also discussed what he wants to be when he grows up finally. He said he might want to be an artist or an astronaut or maybe "working where Papa works". I told him about how he used to say he wanted to be Batman. He's a little more pragmatic about it now. He doesn't think he'd have nearly enough gadgets for that... plus, he'd have to "move to Russia or something for a few years, so I could get used to that time of sleeping then when I come back, I'd be able to stay up at nighttime".

Last weekend, we went up to the lake to play and go paddleboarding. Peter had a lot of fun paddling around. The water was so shallow, he could be really far out and if he fell in, the water would still only be up to his thighs. Grady had a harder time maneuvering the paddleboard so he didn't feel it was as fun. He preferred just playing in the sand. The boys are both excited to go back to that spot again.

Oh, and we took a walk last week. We planned to go down the trail a ways, maybe even make it to the park. But instead, we made it less than a house before the boys decided neither of them wanted to go first. They stopped and waited about every three feet for the other one to pass. But if Boris and I cut in front and kept walking, they'd get right back in front of us and debate some more about who had to go first. We only made it around the block once that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment